Take your writing and content marketing to the next level with this free mind map of Adele Revella’s Buyer Personas.
— Authors will see how a 3-part structure helps organize their ideas and position their books, so they can go deeper than competing books.
— Content marketers will gain a fresh appreciation for buyer personas and a discover a step-by-step approach to mastering one of content marketing’s most important competencies.
Buyer personas versus buyer profiles
Many content marketers mistake buyer profiles for buyer personas. But, there’s a crucial difference.
- Buyer profiles are composites of buyer characteristics, like age, occupation, education, income, location, health, or marital status.
- Buyer personas, as Adele Revella emphasizes throughout Buyer Personas, are far more complex, and capable of delivering greater rewards. They are far more personalized. They help marketers identify the triggers that open the door to favorable buying decisions.
As David Meerman Scott wrote in the Foreword to Buying Decisions:
Although the Internet has given us instant access to immense knowledge, even the most sophisticated applications of Big Data won’t reveal what you can learn by listening to your buyer’s stories.
Content marketing and stories
Content marketing success is all about stories; using the power of stories to engage and serve as a vehicle to communicate information. Each year sees increased emphasis placed on the role of storytelling in content marketing success.
Adele Revella has taken the power of story even further!
What Adele Revella has done in Buyer Powerson is to show content marketers that story is not only a vehicle, but is also a key research tool for identifying the content that will resonate with their clients and prospects.
A step-by-step action plan
For years, Adele has been redefining buyer personas for great content marketing productivity through her ebooks and blog posts on the Content Marketing Institute blog and her presentations and workshops like Content Marketing World. You can learn more at her Adele Revella’s Buyer Persona Institute website.
How to profit from the Buyer Persona mind map
Whether or not you’re a user of mind mapping software, you can view my Mindjet mind map Adele Revella’s Buyer Persona at Biggerplate.com. I created it using Mindjet’s MindManager.
- If you’re not a MindManager user, you can explore the mind map online. You’ll be able to see how Adele Revella organized Buyer Personas into 3 parts and 11 chapters. You’ll be able to zoom in to explore the topics at greater magnification, or zoom out to appreciate the book’s overall organization.
- If you are a MindManager user, or you currently using a compatible mind mapping software program, you’ll be able to download the actual file. After downloading the file, you can use it to take notes while reading Buyer Personas or accessing the other resources available on Adele Revella’s website. (You can also use the file as a template for analyzing the structure of other popular marketing and business books.
Mind mapping and content marketing success
This mind map of Adele Revella’s Buyer Personas joins 39 other MindManager mind maps I’ve shared at Biggerplate. My goal is to encourage authors and content marketers to use mind maps to:
- Study the structure of successful books by analyzing how successful authors have organized their books into sections and chapters.
- Save time using mind maps to organize their own books and content marketing projects ideas before beginning to write
- Use mind maps as learning tools by using mind maps to take notes while reading, attending conferences and workshops, or listening to podcasts.
For more information, see my articles and mind map templates on Mindjet’s Conspire blog. If you find them helpful, share your experiences as comments, below. And please share your questions and suggestions!