Click the graphic to hear Joe Pulizzi share his experiences writing and marketing his bestselling business book, Epic Content Marketing.
Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less made its debut ten months ago, at the Content Marketing Institute’s Content Marketing World 2013 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Immediate and continued success
Epic Content Marketing was launched to immediate success, with enthusiastic reviews from both content marketing professionals as well as readers. It became an immediate Amazon Top 100 book and a bestseller in many categories.
Almost a year later, it remains near the top of the list in several important Amazon book and Kindle categories, including:
- Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Marketing
- Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
Joe Pulizzi interview highlights
During our interview, Joe shared numerous stories about writing and marketing Epic Content Marketing, including:
- His goals for Epic Content Marketing and how it differed from his previous publishing ventures
- A detailed timeline for the various steps involved in planning, writing, and marketing Epic Content Marketing, beginning with his decision to write a third book.
- The origins of the book’s title and subtitle (and which most difficult to choose)
- His impressions of the differences between self-publishing and trade publishing
- The steps and the costs involved in promoting the launch of Epic Content Marketing and how he continues to promote his book.
Options: you can listen or read
- Download or listen to the interview
- Download the lightly-edited transcript of the interview as a PDF. Many enjoy downloading and printing the transcript so they can take notes on it while listening to the recording.
More Epic Content Marketing resources
- Download a mind map of Epic Content Marketing’s table of contents. This permits you to see how Joe organized the chapters into 5 main sections. You can also download mind maps of all 10 Top Content Marketing Books to see how Epic Content Marketing’s contents compare to mind maps of the The Top 10 Content Marketing Books at Biggerplate.com.
- Read my review of Epic Content Marketing appeared in Dan Schawbel’s Personal Branding Blog. This review contains 8 fascinating takeaways.
- Visit Epic Content Marketing’s page on Amazon.com and read over 70 reader reviews of Epic Content Marketing, including mine.
- Visit the Epic Content Marketing website where you can download a sample chapter and see other examples of author marketing best practices at work.
Have you read Epic Content Marketing?
If you’ve read Joe Pulizzi’s Epic Content Marketing, share your impressions and takeaways, as comments, below. And, if you were unable to attend my original interview with Joe, after you listen to the interview, share your impressions or questions.