In this interview, Scott Aughtmon shares the Pivots and lessons they taught on his journey to content marketing success.
Pivots, a term popularized in a Content Marketing Institute Podcast Series, are career and business turning points. Pivots occur when a challenge appears, an action is taken, and lessons are learned.
In the latest Published and Profitable Author Thought Leader interview, Scott Aughtmon discussed the 5 Pivots that changed his career and his business, and the lessons they taught him.
Scott’s lessons can help any author or content marketer who wants to:
- Drive traffic to their website or blog
- Use guest blog posts to build their brand.
- Efficiently self-publish profitable ebooks, like his 51 Content Marketing Hacks or his 2-volume How Your Businesss Can Survive and Prosper in a Recession.
By listening to our recorded interview, you’ll find out:
- Where Scott learned to write for results and the authors and books that helped him the most.
- How to approach and convince contributors so you can publish an ebook with minimum writing.
- Why guest blogging is such an important content marketing tool.
- and much more.
To help you make the most of this valuable Author Thought Leader interview with Scott Aughtmon, you can download a free Note-taking Worksheet while listening.
Use the worksheet to jot down ideas about the Pivot (or challenge), Scott’s Action (or response), and the Lessons it teaches.
You can also use this worksheet when evaluating your own career Pivots or the key turning points in your firm’s history.
Another Pivot resource
If you’re interested in Pivots and want to learn more about their role in your career or firm’s history, you can learn more and download another Pivot worksheet included in my recent Content Marketing Institute Blog post, Worksheet: Turn Your Pivot Points into Stories for Better Content Marketing.
Share your comments
After listening to my recorded Pivots and the Lessons They Teach, you’re invited to share your impressions and takeaways about our interview as comments, below. You can also ask any questions you might have about career pivots and the lessons they teach authors and content marketers.