In one way or another, I’ve been helping others succeed with content marketing for over 25 years.
Ever since college, I been using content marketing–then known as education marketing–to help firms educate their market in order to attract new business and retain existing customers.
- My first content marketing success was a series of education-based newspaper inserts for Magnolia Hi-Fi, when it was still a 1-store outlet in Seattle, WA. In less than 3 years, it had grown to 4 stores, before expanding throughout the West Coast. Later, I replicated the idea and helped consumer electronics retailers around the country create their own newspaper inserts.
- I am a frequent contributor to the Content Marketing Institute’s blog, the leading online resources for content marketing. My guest posts address productivity topics, including book reviews, checklists for measuring your content marketing success, and worksheets for planning content marketing programs. Upcoming topics include mind mapping and resources for creating monthly & weekly editorial calendars. Here’s a list of my Content Marketing Institute guest posts.
- One of my most popular books was The Streetwise Guide to Relationship Marketing on the Internet which described how small businesses could create one-on-one bonds with customers and keep them forever. Seth Godin was so impressed he wrote the Foreword. Jay Conrad Levinson, the author of Guerrilla Marketing, the world’s most popular marketing book series, wrote the Introduction to my book. The checklists and worksheets I created for the Streetwise Guide are still available on my first website.
- For over a decade, my One-Page Newsletter has been helping small business owners develop their voice, differentiate their business, and keep in constant touch with clients and prospects. The One-Page Newsletter’s unique combination of structure, content, and design makes makes it easy for firms to create, an on-going program of content marketing messages that stand out from the competition.
- If you’re interested in designing attractive, easy-to-read ebooks, one-sheets, and PDF reports, download my free White Paper Design that Sells: 16 Easy-to-Implement Best Practices. Based on Microsoft’s research into readability, it provides an excellent introduction for freelancers and staff involved in producing your content marketing projects.
- Looking for content marketing inspiration? My Content Catalyst offers a proven formula for coming up with ideas for all types of content marketing projects; articles, blog posts, books, newsletters, reports, speeches, teleseminars, and white papers. It’s a favorite of Internet marketers like Ryan Lee and membership site owners around the world.
Questions about content marketing?
If you’re interested in fresh content marketing ideas and assistance, or if you have any questions about content marketing, please use my online form to contact me.