Just click the image to hear content marketer Anne Janzer share her Subscription Marketing self-publishing story in our recent recorded interview.
If you’re a self-employed professional or content marketer looking for ways to build your business and establish yourself as an authority in your field, you’ll enjoy my recent interview with Anne Janzer.
Anne held nothing back during this recorded interview. She candidly describes:
- Why she wrote Subscription Marketing.
- How she wrote the first draft and what she did next.
- The reasons she decided to self-publish her book.
- Her strategy for obtaining pre-publication quotes.
- What she budgeted for the project, and her final budget.
- How long it took before the book began to contribute to her business.
- and more.
You can learn more about the important lessons from Anne Janzer’s book teaches at her Subscription Marketing Book site and in my two recent posts:
- Subscription Marketing: A Guide to Nurturing Customers and Readers. This article discusses Subscription Marketing’s relevance and the lessons it teaches content marketers and emerging author thought leaders interested in writing their first book.
- Subscription Marketing: New Mind Map for Content Marketers. This article focuses on the book’s content structure and contains a link to a downloable Mindjet MindManager template of the book’s contents that you can download at Biggerplate.com.
Free resources for writing and self-publishing
Here are some suggested ways you can learn more about content marketing, writing, and self-publishing:
- More Mind Maps of Top Content Marketing Books. This article contains descriptions and links to downloadable mind maps showing how how other content marketers have organized their ideas into a compelling table of contents.
- Enjoy free access to dozens of recorded interviews with today’s top content marketers and self-published authors. Enjoy direct access to recordings of many of the more than 100 content marketers and author interviews I’ve conducted during the past ten years.
What’s next for you?
What are you going to be doing this summer to improve your content marketing, drive new business, and enhance your image as a published author and thought leader? Anne Janzer’s Subscription Marketing experience is not unique. (And, she is not, and was not, a client–I discovered her through her book).
A good starting point for taking action on your dream to become a published writer, is to download my free workbook, 99 Questions to Ask Before You Write and Self-Publish a Brand-building Book.
It’s helped thousands of new writers ask the right questions and create a book proposal and sustainable book marketing plan.