Click the image for 11 detailed SlideShare Tips for authors and self-publishers looking for free or low cost ways to market and promote books, sample chapters, & special events.
SlideShare offers authors, publishers, and self-publishers a practical tool for book marketing and promotion at every step of planning, writing, promoting, and profiting from books and ebooks.
Here’s a recent Content Marketing Institute article describing 11 tips for using SlideShare for book marketing and content marketing.
To see SlideShare in action:
- Here’s an example of how to use SlideShare to promote an existing book.
- Here’s another example showing how to use SlideShare to build awareness for upcoming titles and special events.
- Here’s an example of using SlideShare to build interest in white papers or promote downloads of sample chapters.
Note the yellow Get In Touch link on the bottom of each slide, plus the lead-generating sign-up form that appears as the last slide in each presentation.
These make it easy for viewers to learn more, sign-up, or contact you for more information.
If you’re not already familiar with SlideShare, here are some resources you might find useful:
- Article, 10 SlideShare Strategies that Will Boost Your Content’s Value
- Article, Why SlideShare is a Content Marketing Gamechanger for Authors
- Book and free chapter, Todd Wheatland’s A Marketer’s Guide to Using SlideShare: How to Build Your Brand, Generate Leads, and Create Opportunities
Putting SlideShare to work
If you’ve ever used PowerPoint or Keynote software to prepare a presentation, you’re ready to prepare your first SlideShare presentation. You can get started for free–like I did. You’ll find it easy to upload your presentations to SlideShare.net, and you’ll probably be surprised at how soon you’ll notice traffic to your presentations. Learn more about SlideShare by attending next week’s book coaching call. Join us Tuesday, October 30, at 4:00 PM Eastern. To attend, call 605-475-6150 and enter PIN 513391#. Or, share your comments and questions, below.