Monday’s planning tip for authors
The Power of Focus: How to Hit Your Business, Personal, and Financial Targets with Absolute Certainty is a book that can make the difference between you’re writing a book or just dreaming about writing a book. It’s one of my most-often-recommended books.
Written by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Les Hewitt, The Power of Focus is a practical, step-by-step guide to harnessing your time and ability to write a book.
The Power of Focus is organized around a simple, but infinitely powerful, message:
Your habits determine your future
As the authors describe, “a habit is something you do so often it becomes easy. In other words, it’s a behavior that you keep repeating.”
Organized for action
The Power of Focus provides an organized action plan for authors to follow as they change their habits to gain control over their time. There ten focusing strategies, each concisely described and accompanied by diagrams, exercises, and questions. The 10 strategies include:
- Focusing Strategy #1: Your Habits Will Determine Your Future
- Focusing Strategy #2: It’s Not Hocus-Pocus, It’s All About Focus
- Focusing Strategy #3: Do You See the Big Picture?
- Focusing Strategy #4: Creating Optimum Balance
- Focusing Strategy #5: Building Excellent Relationships
- Focusing Strategy #6: The Confidence Factor
- Focusing Strategy #7: Ask For What You Want
- Focusing Strategy #8: Consistent Persistence
- Focusing Strategy #9: Taking Decisive Action
- Focusing Strategy #10: Making your life simple again
There are also numerous implementation tools and resources in the Appendix to help readers move forward, changing their life by changing their habits.
Do you have the time to write a book?
If you’re planning to write a book, but are not certain that you have the time to plan, promote, write, and profit from it, you’ll want to read The Power of Focus and put it to work. This book could spell the difference between writing a book, or just dreaming about writing a book.