Thursday’s profit tip for authors
The story of Sarah Susanka’s Not So Big brand is one of the most inspiring and successful in nonfiction publishing. Beginning with a series of home architecture books, she then applied her architectural training to life planning in her best selling Not So Big Life: Finding Room for What Really Matters. She is now conducting workshops based on her principles.
Sarah Susanka’s story is a tribute to the power of passionately written books to change the author’s life, opening doors of opportunity far beyond those originally anticipated:
- Fast Company named her to their list of “Fast 50″ innovators whose achievements have helped to change society.
- Her numerous television and radio appearances include Oprah, Charlie Rose, and Diane Rehm.
- Newsweek selected her as a “top newsmaker” for 2000, and US News and World Report dubbed her an “innovator in American culture” in 1998.
As I discovered when I interviewed her two years ago for Jay Conrad Levinson’s Guerrilla Marketing Association, Sarah openly shares her journey with others. In the introduction to her Not So Big Life, she tells the inspirational origins of her brand. Sarah Susanka’s 2009 No So Big Life 3-day workshops include:
- Duke Integrative Medicine, Durham, NC, March 6, 7, 8, 2009 (download brochure)
- The Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Lenox, MA, May 29-31, 2009
Those who attend will be participating in a unique, life-changing, experience guided by an unforgettable leader. Every author can profit from studying her books and attending her workshops.
Published & Profitable members can access several articles detailing Sarah Susanka’s success.